River Valley Community College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the New England Association is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3 Burlington Woods Dr., Suite 100,
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
(781) 425-7700 • toll-free 855-886-3272 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual programs at the College have earned recognition and accreditation status by the following organizations:
The Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in association with:
- Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE)
- Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education
- The American Occupational Therapy Association, Inc. (AOTA)
- New Hampshire Board of Nursing
- Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology