Occupational Outlook Handbook: information for the following areas:
*The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations
- Ask-A-Librarian: Librarians know the ins and outs of all the databases, so we can recommend the best one to use for your topic. We can also help you pick the best search terms to use and give you specific search tips for the topic you're researching.
- CCSNH Catalog: Library Holdings of River Valley Community College and the other six CCSNH Libraries.
- EbscoHost eBooks
Select Ebooks from Ebscohost
- Aging, Society, and the Life Course, Fifth Edition (2016)
- Fast Facts for Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing, Second Edition : Implementing EBP in a Nutshell (2016)
- NURSING, Second Edition : The Ultimate Study Guide (2016)
- Stroke Recovery and Rehabilitation, 2nd Edition (2015)
- CredoReference eBooks: Credo Reference is an online reference collection. It contains over 900 online encyclopedias, subject dictionaries, biographical sources, and reference tools. Think of it as an academic substitute for Wikipedia.Credo Reference draws from online versions of established and well-known reference sources. Citing Credo Reference resources instead of Wikipedia in your papers is a better way to go!
Select Ebooks from Credo
- (2010). In A. B. Powers, Dictionary of nursing theory and research. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.The fourth edition of this classic dictionary for understanding traditional and new concepts in nursing theory and research encompasses the considerable changes that have occurred in the clinical health sciences since the previous edition was published. It includes updates and new references for entries from the previous edition, and information related to developing areas of research and practice. New content that reflects nursing priorities in research and theory development in the current interprofessional health care environment is featured. This book remains an invaluable reference for nursing students, researchers, theoreticians, and scholars.
- (2013). In Gale (Ed.), The Gale encyclopedia of nursing and allied health. Farmington, MI: Gale. This fully updated third edition of this award-winning title covers topics in body systems and functions, conditions and common diseases, contemporary health care issues and theories, techniques and practices, and devices and equipment. The Encyclopedia covers all major health professions, including nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy and more.
- (2011). Introduction. In H. R. Feldman, Nursing leadership. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company. A single comprehensive reference for nursing leaders, leadership organizations, nursing clinicians, and educators, Nursing Leadership is the only compendium of nursing terminology in existence. Written by eminent nursing professionals, it provides descriptions of prominent individuals in nursing, information regarding nine leadership-related topics, and current trends in nurse leadership.This second edition has been expanded to encompass 80 new entries and revisions or updates to all original entries. It provides an extensive overview of current leadership issues including theories, characteristics, and skills required of nurse leaders in today's complex health care system. Highly respected contributors include Claire Fagan, Beverly Malone (NLN CEO), Polly Bednash (AACN CEO), Patricia Benner, and many others. For ease of use this new edition contains both alphabetic and thematic indexes, extensive cross-referencing, and print and web references for each entry.
- Ebsco Discovery Search: With EBSCO Discovery Service, researchers can conduct a discovery search of their library’s entire collection on a single, powerful search platform—including databases, special collections, eBooks, catalog records, archives and a wide range of digital content available through their library. EDS uses the same intuitive features that are available on EBSCOhost—the leading research platform designed to optimize the user search experience.
- Proquest Nursing & Allied Health: With ProQuest Health and Medical Collection, ProQuest Nursing and Allied Health Database, Family Health Database, Health Management Database, Public Health Database, and Psychology Database, users have access to a truly international resource, with content from 45 different countries. This comprehensive collection includes full-text journals, as well as scholarly resources such as dissertations, professional literature, and practical medical training videos.
- CINAHL Complete: Covers nursing and allied health. Includes continuing education modules, evidence-based care sheets, research instruments, disease and conditions overviews.
- MEDLINE: Covers medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, clincial care, public health, and health policy. Citations and abstracts for biomedical health journals.
- Database Tutorials: The library has informative videos to choose from: how to improve your search results; search for ebooks, and more.
- Medcom Nurse Training Programs: Training videos are valuable for nursing programs looking to enhance student learning. These videos cover important topics such as health care safety, emergency planning, checking vital signs and many more. Videos are available in flash format, and are broken down into chaptered clips for easy study. Videos are well indexed for reliable search results and can be viewed in document view or downloaded to your desktop for reference.
- Centers for Disease Control
- Gallup Healthways: Well Being Index
- Harvard University: The Nutrition Source
- HealthLine: Body Maps
- Shots: NPR Health News
- U.S. National Library of Medicine: Finding and Using Health Statistics
- National Library of Medicine: The Visible Human Project
- NIH: Calculate Your Body Mass Index
- NLM: Images from the History of Medicine
- Kaiser Family Foundation: State Health Facts
- BBC: Neurohacks
- Psychology Today: Mindfulness
- Youtube: HealthcareTriage
- PLOS Collections: Dementia Across the Lifespan and Around the Globe
- TED Talk: Why Do We Sleep?