Join us for Inaugural Week Activities beginning September 15!
|Fall Semester (year 1)|
Medical Office Practice I
(ALHC102, BUSC102, BUSC106)
|BCPC101||Introduction to Computer Applications||2||3||3|
|Spring Semester (year 1)|
|ACCC103||Fundamentals of Accounting||3||0||3|
Medical Office Practice II
(ALHC102, ALHC121, BUSC102, BUSC106)
|ALHC166||Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care||3||0||3|
|SCIC111||Anatomy and Physiology Essentials (Accuplacer)||4||0||4|
Prerequisite & Co-requisites are listed in parentheses.
For more information about this program, please contact Lisa Gould . 603-542-7744x5428.
The Medical Administrative Assistants are critical administrative staff for medical offices to operate efficiently. As a Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA) graduate, you will have a strong background in office skills and a working knowledge of the medical field. This powerhouse combination can prepare you for a career in doctors' offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, and in a variety of other medical facilities. Specific responsibilities would vary per location, but may include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a medical facility
- Updating and organizing medical records, including electronic health records
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments
- Verifying patient insurance
- Completing and submitting insurance claims
- Preparing correspondence between medical providers and their patients
- Providing quality customer service to patients
- Working in a professional environment
Applicants to the program must meet the general admission requirement for the college. Students must earn a grade of "C" or higher in all ALHC courses to progress within the program. Students have the option of a dual major with the Medical Assistant Certificate Program (MAC) or may apply after graduation from the MAA Program. All MAC courses require a grade of "C" or higher.
Current Occupational Employment and Wages are available at http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes436013.htm