Register Now for Fall Classes that start September 2nd
"I touch the future I teach" Christa McAuliffe
River Valley offers the Associate of Arts Degree with a concentration in Teacher Education. This degree is designed to transfer to Teacher Education Programs at four-year colleges and universities.
This program offers the flexibility to be pursued part-time, full-time, day or evening as well as online. In addition, students may begin any semester. Students work closely with an advisor to plan an individualized program of study to prepare for transfer to a bachelor degree program in elementary, middle, or secondary teacher education.
We encourage you to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I want the opportunity to touch the future - to teach?
- Am I eager to work with students, an academic major, families and communities?
- Do I prefer to begin my education at a local college that provides personal attention?
- Do I want a high quality education that is affordable?
- Am I ready to grow both professionally and personally?
If you answered yes to these questions, then the Teacher Education program at River Valley Community College is the choice for you!
Susan L. Parry, M.ED.
603-542-7744 ext 5415
I have been at River Valley Community College since 1994 as program director and faculty in the Human Services program and recently added the Teacher Education program to my responsibilities. My career has included preschool, K-12 public schools and human services positions in non-profit organizations. I received an undergraduate degree from State University of New York, Plattsburgh and a Master of Education from University of Maine at Orono. Educational experiences have continued at various universities, workshops, in-services, seminars and conferences.
- www.aft.org American Federation of Teachers
- Code of Ethics can be found at http://aaeteachers.org (Associates of American Educators) and www.nea.org (National Education Association Code of Ethics of the Education Profession)
- www.education.nh.gov NH Department of Education Certification/Bureau of Credentialing; Standards (Curriculum Framework); Praxis Information
- www.education.nh.gov/certification/prof_ed.htm click on Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) with Preparation Programs for approved educator preparation programs in NH
- www.nea.org National Education Association
- www.ed.gov/teaching US Department of Education