Register Now for Fall Classes that start September 2nd
Credo Reference has over 474 reference books covering Art, Business, Food, Bilingual Dictionaries, Biographies, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Quotation Books, Geography, History, Language, Law, Literature, Medicine, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Science, Social Sciences and Technology. This is a great place to start your research, or to get a better idea of your topic!
For off campus login, use your college email username and password.
2. Use the Basic Search to look for a keyword or an image, or Advanced Search to eliminate terms and limit by subject, publication date, etc.
3. Each result displays the name of the entry, the title of the book from which it was pulled, a brief synopsis of the entry, and the number of words and images in the entry.
4. Narrow your results by using the options on the left-hand side of the results page. Limit results by subject, entry type, etc.
5. From the results list, you can also choose to continue searching in the library catalog or other databases.
6. Select Find a Book from the tabs at the top of the page to search within specific reference books or disciplines, or to look for the title of a book.
7. Be sure to try the Concept Map (available from the front page or a tab at the top of each page) to look for words and concepts related to your search term!
8. Save an entry from the results page or the expanded article, then select Saved Results at the top of the page to view entries and cite them.
9. To cite a Credo Reference entry, scroll down to the bottom of the full entry. Within the lined box, you will be able to select a citation style (including APA and MLA), and copy the citation.
2011 Great Bay Community College. Updated 2013 for River Valley Community College.