TO REGISTER FOR SPRING COURSES: click Courses/Registrar box below for Spring 2016 schedule and registration information.
Because anyone can publish anything on the Web, information can often be inaccurate, biased, or outdated. When using information on the Web it is especially important to evaluate whether the information is credible.
Questions to ask:
- What can you tell from the website address (URL)?
- Who is the author of the site? What are their credentials?
- Is there a group, company, association or institution associated with the site? Are there sponsored links or ads?
- Does the website cite its information sources or provide links to sources?
- What is the purpose of the website? Is it trying to sell a product or service?
- What date was the website last updated?