River Valley Medical Assistants take the World by Storm...
Robert S. Morris, M.S. (Digital Forensics) from Champlain College is the Program Director for all of the Technology programs at River Valley Community College in Claremont, New Hampshire.
Degrees and Certificates:
- Cybersecurity and Healthcare IT – Associate in Science Degree
- Cybersecurity and Healthcare IT – Certificate
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting computer systems against unauthorized access or attack and maintaining the smooth functioning of information systems at all levels. At present, programs that provide such Cybersecurity training are not widely available, and the concentration on healthcare is a unique aspect of this program.
Expected Student Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Apply the CIA triad security model to the everyday operation of a computer network.
- Support the overall Information Awareness program of their organization.
- Apply and enforce the rules directed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as they relate to the transmission and storage of electronic medical records.
- Use industry standard tools and techniques in the prevention, detection and elimination of threats to computer networks.
- Conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner in relationship to privacy and intellectual property rights, following their organizations ethical code of conduct.
- Sit for the following industry certifications: Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Networking Associate Security (CCNAS), Committee on National Security Systems CNSS 4011 - 16, CompTIA Security +, Comp TIA A+, Comp TIA Advanced Security Practitioner, and Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) exams.
- Demonstrate a desire for lifelong learning
- Apply concepts of English, mathematics, science and the humanities to community and professional life.
Students who successfully complete a program in Cybersecurity can enter the workforce prepared for jobs such as:
- Information Assurance Specialist
- Network Security Specialist
- Security Specialist in a hospital or clinic
- Heathcare IT Technicians