If a student would like to transfer courses from an ACOTE accredited college or university to the RVCC OTA program the steps below must be followed. Additionally, the student must have earned a “C” or better in the courses in which they would like to transfer to RVCC. Only up to a total of 12 credits may be transferred from a different ACOTE accredited institution. Fieldwork including Level I, IIA, IIB may not be transferred for credit and will not be considered for transfer. All credits are evaluated on a case by case basis.
In the event of a request for core OTA course transfer the OTA Program Director will:
- Requests transcripts and syllabi (for each course the student would like to transfer)
- Reviews the student’s transcript and reviews each syllabus for content and objectives
- Contact the previous program director to discuss academic performance once permission from the student is obtained
- Compare course competencies to RVCC courses to evaluate equitable transfer
- Determines that the course(s) requested for transfer will meet the learning outcomes of the OTA program, as guided by the curriculum/program of study.
- If during the transfer process there is a question of competency or comprehensive understanding of the core content of a core RVCC OTA course, the student will be required to take a Credit by Exam (CBE) for the core RVCC OTA course. This credit by exam must be passed with a C or better.
Revised 2016 (jjs)