Veteran Assistance

The goal of the School Certifying Official for VA Education Benefits in the Registrar's Office at RVCC is to assist veterans, dependents of deceased or 100% military related disabled veterans, National Guard soldiers, and reservists to access educational benefits earned. Whether you are a new, returning, or transferring student, we will help guide you to the resources you need to make the most of your RVCC experience.

To be filled out each semester: RVCC VA Certification Request Form


4 Easy Steps for Applying for VA Educational Benefits

Step 1

Go to the Veterans web site

Step 2

Complete and submit the online application at or request a hardcopy application to be mailed to you from the GI Bill® website or call: 1-888-442-4551. Print a copy for your records; then transmit to noted address on form.
If you belong to the National Guard, you will need to obtain your authorizations from your Commanding Officer. Your Commanding Officer, along with the Education Services Specialist, will determine the benefits for which you are eligible. 

Step 3 

Order official transcripts from your High School and any other institution you have attended since graduating from high school to be sent to RVCC Admissions. Also print a copy of your JST or Military Transcript and give to School Certifying Official.

Step 4 

Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, please bring a copy of that document to the School Certifying Official. At that time, you will be asked to complete several other forms related to the VA and RVCC.
  • You may qualify for additional federal and/or state financial aid in addition to Veterans Benefits. Information is available on our Financial Aid webpage.  Please speak with our Financial Aid Office for more information.
  • You can click this link to view a sample Shopping Sheet that you will receive outlining your estimated cost of attending RVCC.  
  • Please check out this Net Price Calculator so that you can make an informed decision about attending college at RVCC. 
Tuition Assistance Benefit (Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard)
  • Must have completed an Online Application for Tuition Assistance (Please apply as soon as possible)
  • Must submit approved (signed by the student's Commanding Officer) 2171E Form to RVCC Business Office.
  • Must be approved for TA prior to applying for Admission to a Degree or Certificate program. Apply for Admission
  • Allowed to use up to $4500 (with a cap of 250.00 per credit hour) of federal tuition assistance every fiscal year (this runs from October to September).
  • Used for tuition, registration/lab fees only. Does not include housing, food, or books.
  • Submit grades to education office within 90 days of completing a semester.
  • Submit copy of degree plan once you have accumulated 9+ semester hours of college credit.
  • Please note: Tuition Assistance is treated as Third Party Billing.
NH National Guard Tuition Waiver
ACCREDITATION: River Valley Community College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education. You can visit this page for additional information. 
It is the student’s responsibility to submit the RVCC VA Certification Request Form every semester.  This will allow the School Certifying Official (SCO) to report and certify classes to the VA.  Failure to fill out this form and send to the SCO, will result in delayed or no payments.  The forms are available online or can be picked up at the main reception desk at any RVCC location.
School Certifying Official:
Karen Kelcey at (603) 542-7744 x5317 or
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at
As part of the Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e), River Valley Community College will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.
RVCC returns any unearned TA funds on a proportional basis through at least the 60 percent portion of the period for which funds were provided.  TA funds are earned proportionally during an enrollment period, with unearned funds returned based upon when a student stops attending.  
Return of Tuition Assistance:  Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded.  When a student withdraws, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of TA funds originally awarded.
These funds will be returned to the military Service branch.  
In instances where a Service member stops attending due to a military service obligation, RVCC will work with the affected Service member to identify solutions that will not result in student debt for the returned portion.
15 week semester.  The College's policy on the return of unearned TA funds is as follows:   
Before or during weeks 1-2     100% return
During weeks 3-4                      90% return
During weeks 5-6                      75% return
During weeks 7-8                      50% return
During week 9                           40% return (60% completion point)
During weeks 10-15                    0% return
16 week semester.  The College's policy on the return of unearned TA funds is as follows:   
Before or during weeks 1-2     100% return
During weeks 3-4                      75% return
During weeks 5-8                      50% return
During weeks 7-8                      50% return
During week 9                           40% return (60% completion point)
During weeks 10-15                    0% return



Contact Us

(603) 542-7744
1 College Place
Claremont, NH 03743


eStart WorkReadyNH