Project Rise

Project RISE is an RVCC grant program designated to provide personal and academic support services and financial assistance beyond traditional financial aid programs to students who are matriculated and enrolled in programs at the College.

Who is Project RISE Designed to Help?

This project is designed to assist individuals defined as Single Parents, Single Pregnant Women, and Displaced Homemakers. A SINGLE PARENT is an individual who is unmarried or legally separated from a spouse, and has custody or joint custody of a minor child or children. No other adult can be living in the household with the applicant. A DISPLACED HOMEMAKER is an individual who is an adult and has worked primarily without remuneration to care for home, family, and for that reason has diminished marketable skills.

Who Can Apply? Who Is Eligible?

Individuals defined as single parents, single pregnant women, and displaced homemakers who are matriculated and enrolled in degree and certificate programs at River Valley Community College; and, who have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA -

What Can Project RISE Pay For?

Project RISE provides financial assistance above and beyond the financial aid programs in place. It will fund education-related expenses such as: books and some supplies (such as uniforms and other affiliation-related expenses), childcare, and travel.

How Can I Apply?

Those interested in and qualifying for this grant must complete the following forms. These are available at the college, except for Title XX childcare forms, which can be obtained from the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services.
  1. Financial Aid Forms and related materials
  2. An application for Project RISE is available
  3. Application for the Title XX funds, if childcare is part of a student’s expenses.
These forms are returned to the coordinator of Project RISE, Morgan Sailer. Applicants will be contacted with additional information once the application has been reviewed.

Do You Still Have Questions?

For further information, call River Valley Community College: 603-542-7744 and ask for Morgan Sailer (x5405) or email

Project Rise Forms and Information:

2017 Project Rise Application

2018 Project Rise Application *Coming Soon*


Contact Us

(603) 542-7744
1 College Place
Claremont, NH 03743


eStart WorkReadyNH