What is Student Financial Aid (SFA)?

SFA is financial assistance for matriculated (formally accepted) students taking at least 16 credits. 

Students not enrolling in at least 6 credits should check with the financial aid office to determine eligibility.

There are Four Types of Aid:

1. Grants

Most grants are "gift money" that DOES NOT need to be paid back. Your grant eligibility is based off of your families income, cost of education and merit. A Federal Pell Grant is a common grant that DOES NOT need to be repaid. For more information Click Here

2. Loans

Loans DO need to be paid back. There are four types of Federal Loans:

A Subsidized Stafford Loan does not require you to pay interest on the loan while you remain a student.

An Unsubsidized Stafford Loan does require you to pay interest as a student.

A Federal Parent Loan (PLUS) can be taken out by a parent of a dependent undergraduate student to help pay for education. They offer flexible loan limits and fixed interest rates.

A Federal Perkins Loan is a low interest loan available to all CCSNH students who demonstrate financial need. For more information Click Here

3. Federal Work Study

Money is for educational expenses and is paid by the school for on-campus or community-based work. Students receive pay checks as work is completed. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have been awarded work-study and are interested in participating. For more information Click Here

4. Scholarships

Scholarships are one time financial assistance applied to either on the RVCC Website or at AwardSpring. RVCC specific scholarships are listed on the website, while AwardSpring offers more system wide scholarships that all students can apply to.

The Financial Aid deadline is May 1 of each year. RVCC suggests applying before January 1st.

New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF) has information on other financial sources for New Hampshire residents. NHHEAF can be reached at 1-800-525-2577. For Vermont students, contact Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (VSAC) at 800.822.4166

Federal Student Aid (Title IV)

How can I see my Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) percentage? You will be able to log on to:  National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) Student Access Web site using your Federal Student Aid PIN and view your LEU. The LEU will be found on the Financial Aid Review page.

Return of Federal Title IV funds: As mandated by law, students who withdraw from school before the 60% point in a semester will have to repay a portion or all of their aid (see Financial Aid Student handbook Return of title IV Funds at:  http://www.ccsnh.edu/sites/default/files/content/documents/finaiddocuments/2013-2014StudentFinancialAidHandbook.pdf


Contact Us

(603) 542-7744
1 College Place
Claremont, NH 03743


eStart WorkReadyNH