River Valley Medical Assistants take the World by Storm...
What is RVCC ALERTS?
RVCC ALERTS is River Valley Community College’s emergency notification system that will help ensure rapid and reliable mass communication to students, faculty, and staff. The RVCC ALERTS system is designed to communicate with cell phones (text and voice messages), landlines, and email addresses, should a weather closure/delay, emergency situation or crisis occur on the RVCC campus.
RVCC Alerts is just one method the College will use to communicate information during an emergency. The campus will continue to use a variety of other notification methods as appropriate.
How do I get registered for RVCC Alerts?
Receive recorded messages, texts or emails in the event of RVCC emergencies, delayed openings or closings via our vendor Rave Wireless.
- Visit https://www.getrave.com/login/rivervalley
- Click on the "Register" button.
- Complete the online registration form. The registration email address MUST BE your RVCC student email address.
- Check your RVCC email account for a Rave Email Confirmation.
- Confirm your email address by clicking on the link within the Rave email.
- If you’ve added a mobile phone number, check your cellphone for a text from Rave with an activation code.
Note: RVCC Emergency Alerts will only be received once the confirmation email and/or confirmation text message are received.
Once you register with RVCC Alerts you do not need to re-visit the SIS page unless you wish to update your communication methods, or opt-out completely of the RVCC Alerts service.
You can read more about RVCC Alerts, including some FAQs and disclaimer about the service.
Still having trouble?
If you have questions about RVCC Alerts, read the RVCC Alerts Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Campus Safety Office at (603) 542-7744, ext. 5420.