Are you currently a Massage Therapist who would like to work with pregnant women? If so, then this course is for you!
This is a 6 CEU course. Cost: $180.00
May 17, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Join Season Smith of Season of Healing for a six-hour class in Pre-Natal Massage at River Valley Community College in downtown Lebanon, NH.
At the end of the class, the participant will leave feeling comfortable working with a healthy, pregnant woman, all the way through her labor and delivery.
Participants will learn to:
– identify first trimester considerations;
– identify contraindications and cautions for prenatal massage, and be able to make adaptions in the treatment to meet the need of the individual client;
– position the pregnant client comfortably while maintaining healthy body mechanics for the therapist;
– provide secure, comfortable draping for a growing pregnant body;
– apply techniques specific to the health and wellness of mother and baby;
– provide labor and delivery massage;
– provide emotional support to a pregnant woman about to become a mother.
At the end of the course Participants will also receive a certification for prenatal massage for the healthy pregnancy.
There will be a one-hour lunch break. Lunch is on your own.
About the Instructor:
Season K. Smith LMT
Season Smith graduated from Keene State College and then went on to earn her Massage Therapy Certificate from the New Hampshire Community Technical College in 2003. Along with her diverse training through NHCTC, Season is also certified in Prenatal Massage by MotherMassage®, Infant Massage by Liddle Kidz™ Foundation and is trained as a Postpartum Doula.
Go here to register: