Tuition Assistance through the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR)

If you or someone in your household has experienced a financial loss or increased expenses due to COVID-19, you may be eligible for tuition and fees assistance for the Fall semester at River Valley Community College.  In awarding funds, the Community College System of NH is subject to eligibility and compliance rules determined at the federal level.

What do I need to know about eligibility?

You must be a Permanent NH Resident who has lived in NH for the past 12 months.

You must submit a valid 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the college you will attend, even if you do not qualify for other federal educational assistance such as Pell grants.  The FAFSA application is available at

You, or someone in your household, must have experienced a financial loss or increase in expenditures related to COVID-19, between March 1 and August 31, 2020, for which you did not receive other COVID-19 assistance.

Household explanation:

If you were born before January 1, 1997, you are an independent student for application purposes, and household is defined as student and spouse (if applicable).

If you were born on or after January 1, 1997, you are a dependent student for application purposes, and household is defined as student and parent(s).

How do I apply?

Dynamic Form Instructions       

Current Students or Prior Students

If you have been an active student at River Valley Community College or any NH Community College since May 1, 2019 select this link. River Valley Community College – Prior or Current Students  (active student at any time since May 1, 2019)

New and Prospective Students

If you have never attended River Valley Community College or a CCSNH college or if you attended prior to April 30, 2019, you will need to Create a Dynamic Forms account and follow the provided instructions.

River Valley Community College – Prospective New Students (never attended a CCSNH college or only attended prior to April 30, 2019)

What else do I need to know?

GOFERR tuition assistance can be used for tuition and academic fees.  If you have other forms of tuition assistance, such as Pell grants, UNIQUE grants, or other types of aid or scholarship, you can use them to cover other costs of attendance or tuition and fees beyond what the GOFERR grant will cover. 

You can be enrolled in any number of courses up to full-time enrollment, in either credit or non-credit courses.

Information that is required, and other conditions of aid, can be found on the application form.