Get a certificate in Cyber Security and Healthcare IT in one year at River Valley! This streamlined certificate provides you with all the information needed to start a career as soon as possible. With hands-on experience in network security and digital forensics, this certificate is designed to prepare you with the extra edge in the job field to get you into the career of your dreams.
The Cyber security and Healthcare IT certificate at River Valley is fast-paced and efficiently designed to get students into the field of cyber security. The certificate is built so students in the program and in the associate degree learn side by side to create an environment for shared ideas.
- Information assurance specialist
- network security specialist
- Security Specialist
- Healthcare IT Technician
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Networking certificate
- Cyber Security and Healthcare IT
The goal of the Cyber Security and Healthcare IT certificate is to give students the knowledge and experience to advance themselves in their career of choice.
The program will provide students with a strong foundation of understanding in cybersecurity. Students will learn:
- the broad discipline of cybersecurity and develop a foundation of knowledge of the field
- to write clearly and effectively for defined audiences through a variety of strategies
- the purpose behind their field of study, how to best interact with the people in their work environment and the career path that is best aligned with their personal goals
- how to use multiple operating systems commonly found in the Cybersecurity Technology field today
- basic security principles for information assurance
- the basics of descriptive and inferential statistics
- the basics of the web development process and types of attacks that can occur
- computer networking through the introduction of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, the TCP/IP protocol suite, routing and switching protocols, Wide Area Network services, and network design & implementation
- a programming language and be able to design and implement simple programs dealing with numerical and string processing
- to implement, maintain and protect a Microsoft Windows Server Domain
- to perform ordinary tasks in the Linux operating systems
- the methods in which emerging technologies can be deployed on current and future platforms
- how to succeed in an information technology position through an Internship or Capstone course
The Cybersecurity and Healthcare IT certificate is an open enrollment program. We accept students once they are accepted to River Valley; no other requirements necessary. At RVCC, we believe all students should be able to complete a degree and be able to transfer or start their career as smoothly as possible.
If you have any questions about the Cyber Security and Healthcare IT certificate, please request information or reach out to the faculty.