The Business Degree program at River Valley Community College consists of concentrations in Business Management or Healthcare Management. Either choice will allow the student the opportunity to enter the workforce, or continue their education and obtain a bachelor’s degree or more. Both concentrations will provide the student with a strong business background with an exposure to a wide variety of general education coursework.
River Valley is located in one of the most heavily populated healthcare areas of New England. Close access to Cheshire Medical Center, Valley Regional Hospital, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center made RVCC the ideal place to earn a Healthcare Management degree and immediately translate that degree into a career.
- Hospital Chief Executive Officer
- Director of Nursing or Chief Nursing Director
- Hospital Administrator
- Hospital Chief Financial Officer
- Health Care Actuary
- A.S. Accounting
- A.S. Business Management
- Certificate in Accounting
- Certificate in Advanced Accounting
The Department of Healthcare Management strives to:
- Encourage critical thinking through scholarly research and case analysis,
- Develop effective oral and written communication skills
- Expand awareness of career pathways,
- Engender a deep understanding of the impact of one’s contribution to the workplace.
Graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of healthcare management practices.
- Think critically, articulate and explain various healthcare topics, and apply these concepts to solve common healthcare management problems.
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and non-verbal techniques, including the use of technology in the gathering and presentation of information.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of ethics and social responsibility in healthcare management
Students will develop the basic knowledge, skills, and competencies required to work in medical facilities, disaster preparedness and response, pharmaceutical companies or in developing nations around the globe. Also, students, should they so desire, can transfer to a bachelor’s degree program on a full or part-time basis.
Healthcare Management is an open enrollment program. This means we accept students once they are accepted to River Valley; no requirements necessary. At RVCC, we believe all students should be able to complete a degree and be able to transfer or start their career as smoothly as possible.
First Year: Fall Semester
First Year: Spring Semester
Second Year: Fall Semester
Humanities/Fine Arts/World Language Elective
Total Credits: 3
Take any class in HUMA/ ARTS/ LANG
Second Year: Spring Semester
Liberal Arts Elective
Total Credits: 3
Take any class in ENGL/ ARTS/ MATH/ HUMA/ LANG/ CHEM/ BIOL/PHYS/ PSYC/ SOSC/ ECON/GEOG/HIST/POLS