Medical administrative assistants play a critical role in the effective delivery of healthcare services in a growing field. At River Valley, our medical administrative assistant program covers all the basics of healthcare delivery such as:
- Customer service
- Telephone correspondence
- Using computer applications
- Confidentiality guidelines of a medical professional
- Maintaining patient medical records
Our medical administrative assistant program is the first step to a fulfilling career based around positive and important patient care!
Our medical administrative assistant program is designed to be completed in two semesters, to get students through college and into the workforce with as little debt as possible and plenty of experience. The program is created with working students in mind, as all courses are hybrid or online with little in class presence necessary. With booming career and transfer opportunities for medical administrative assistants at River Valley, you can’t go wrong!
- Clinical administrative assistant
- Medical secretary
- Customer services representatives
- medical assistant
- healthcare certificate
The Medical Administrative Assistant program’s mission is to promote student achievement and preparation for a career in health care by fostering educational excellence and inspiring each individual student.
The goal of the medical administrative assistant program at River Valley Community College is to educate and prepare students for a career in healthcare administration.
- Perform health care office procedures that include scheduling, bookkeeping, billing and payment collection.
- Apply a working knowledge of medical terminology, body systems, and electronic health records including patient demographics.
- Educate, advocate and collaborate with patients and the health care team within the scope of practice.
- Compose, edit, proofread, and accurately produce health care and other business documents using appropriate software and equipment within specified timelines.
- Integrate computer and communication technologies, as well as critical thinking skills, to accomplish health care office tasks.
- Store, retrieve, distribute, and manage information and supplies as per facility protocol.
- Uphold legal and ethical standards and adhere to principles of patient confidentiality within the health care and community environment as defined by HIPAA.
- Demonstrate professionalism through acceptable attitude, organization and time management skills, and professional attire.
- Apply verbal, nonverbal, and written communication principles and skills effectively and compassionately within a team setting.
- Maintain industry standards of quality control and safety principles in the workplace.
This medical administrative assistant program is an open enrollment program. This means we accept students once they are accepted to River Valley; no requirements necessary. At RVCC, we believe all students should be able to complete a certificate and be able to transfer or start their career as smoothly as possible.
If you have any questions about medical administrative assistant program, please do not hesitate to request information or reach out to the faculty.