What is RVCC ALERTS?
RVCC ALERTS is River Valley Community College’s emergency notification system that will help ensure rapid and reliable mass communication to students, faculty, and staff. The RVCC ALERTS system is designed to communicate with cell phones (text and voice messages), landlines, and email addresses, should a weather closure/delay, emergency situation or crisis occur on the RVCC campus.
RVCC Alerts is just one method the College will use to communicate information during an emergency. The campus will continue to use a variety of other notification methods as appropriate.
How do I get registered for RVCC Alerts?
Receive recorded messages, texts or emails in the event of RVCC emergencies, delayed openings or closings via our vendor Rave Wireless.
- Visit https://www.getrave.com/login/rivervalley
- Click on the "Register" button.
- Complete the online registration form. The registration email address MUST BE your RVCC student email address.
- Check your RVCC email account for a Rave Email Confirmation.
- Confirm your email address by clicking on the link within the Rave email.
- If you’ve added a mobile phone number, check your cellphone for a text from Rave with an activation code.
Note: RVCC Emergency Alerts will only be received once the confirmation email and/or confirmation text message are received.
Cancellation of Classes
The College will hold classes as usual unless severe utility malfunctions or unusually severe storm conditions dictate otherwise. Classes will not be cancelled except under extreme circumstances. Students should use their own good judgment as to whether it is safe for them to drive to classes.
In the event that conditions are such that the College must close, or invoke a delay to opening or early release, an announcement will be:
- communicated via phone, email or text through RVCC Alerts
- posted on the College webpage
- shared via the outgoing message on the college closing option when you call 603-542-7744
- broadcast with WMUR Channel 9 and their website
- broadcast with WPTZ/WNNE VT Channels 5 & 31 and their website
NOTE: If a delayed opening or early release is announced, classes will begin according to the schedule or be released early.
It is your responsibility to check these sources for information.
Still having trouble?
If you have questions about RVCC Alerts, read the RVCC Alerts Frequently Asked Questions page or contact the Campus Safety Office at (603) 542-7744, ext. 5420.