Campus Services


The Bookstore serves as a center for the purchase of textbooks and equipment necessary for study at the College. The store is a contract service at the College and the hours of operation are posted on the door. Questions regarding the Bookstore services should be directed to the Academic Affairs Office. For more information, click here.

Food Service

Vending machines are available at all three locations. 


All students are requested to carry medical insurance of some kind while attending the College. Students engaged in interscholastic sports are required to have medical insurance. Students working in laboratories or shops that require the operation of machinery or equipment that could cause injury in case of malfunction or student error should be covered by medical insurance. 

Personal professional liability insurance is mandatory for all students in Allied Health programs which include clinical requirements. The rate is approximately $15.00 per year. Students will need to show valid proof of such coverage before going on affiliation.

Health Services

There are many health service resources in the vicinity of the campus. Costs and eligibility requirements vary. Please contact area agencies for this information in advance whenever possible. Students are responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of medical services required in the event of an accident or injury while on campus or at clinical sites.

Health Forms

Health forms must be completed by all matriculated students and submitted to the Admissions Office prior to the first day of enrollment. Specific proof of immunity may be required depending on the program of study. Additional immunization, laboratory work and/or written documentation may be required based on individual circumstances.


River Valley Community College does not offer on campus housing.  Click Here for a list of off campus housing resources. 

Student ID's

Students are issued a student ID at the beginning of their first term free of charge. Student ID's need to be visable at all times when on campus.  Students requesting a replacement ID card will be assessed a fee of $15. Contact the Student Success Center for more information.


Students must obtain parking permit to park on campus.  Students may park in designated areas. Please observe all posted parking restrictions. Violators will be fined in accordance with the following schedule:

  • First offense $5.00
  • Second offense $10.00
  • Third offense $20.00

When necessary, towing at the student's expense may be authorized by the President or their designee. Any offenses in excess of three shall be charged a fine of $50.00 and may result in permanent car restriction from campus. Transcripts, diplomas, and grade reports will not be issued until all parking fines are paid.

Change of Address

Students changing their living quarters, permanent address, telephone number or name must notify the College. Change of Address forms are available in the Registrar's Office and Business Office.

Cancellation of Classes

The College will hold classes as usual unless severe utility malfunctions or unusually severe storm conditions dictate otherwise. Classes will not be cancelled except under extreme circumstances. Students should use their own good judgment as to whether it is safe for them to drive to classes.

In the event that conditions are such that the College must close, or invoke a delay to opening or early release, an announcement will be:

  • communicated via phone, email or text through RVCC Alerts
  • posted on the College webpage
  • shared via the outgoing message on the college closing option when you call 603-542-7744
  • broadcast with WMUR Channel 9 and their website
  • broadcast with WPTZ/WNNE VT Channels 5 & 31 and their website

NOTE: If a delayed opening or early release is announced, classes will begin according to the schedule or be released early.


Although the College does not have professional counselors or psychiatric professionals on staff, the college does have a number of options available for those students in need of professional counseling. Students can participate in groups to discuss career, and/or academic concerns. Program directors, faculty, and staff are available to provide additional one-on-one consultation and dialogue. Community agencies in the area are available for assistance in finding solutions to individual concerns. The College StARTeam, a team of trained faculty and staff members who deal in crisis management, are a resource to our campus community.

Transfer Advising

Many students decide to continue their education after graduating from the College. Any student who wants information about four-year colleges can visit the Student Success Center where there is a collection of college catalogs. Also, representatives from four-year colleges visit the College to recruit our graduates. The Student Success Center staff can answer questions from students about the transfer process.


News & Events

Contact Us

(603) 542-7744
1 College Place
Claremont, NH 03743


eStart WorkReadyNH