Do you want to explore what your passions are? Are you looking to expand your knowledge about the world around you? Come to River Valley, and enroll in our progressive Liberal Arts degree. This degree is designed to be your first step to a bachelors’ degree, with partnerships throughout New Hampshire. Liberal Arts at RVCC is an affordable and transferrable degree that lets you be in the driver’s seat!
Liberal Arts at River Valley caters to each students’ passions to help them succeed in the job field or in their next academic steps.
- Transfer to any four-year institution!
The Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts aspires to create a community of inspired learners by offering challenging courses designed to cultivate scholarly inquiry, social responsibility and academic integrity. Liberal Arts faculty create a rigorous academic environment, characterized by mutual respect and collegiality, in which students are encouraged to discover their true potential and purpose.
The goal of the Liberal Arts program is to engage students in study across multiple disciplines with the goal of cultivating a broad knowledge base and strong skill set that prepares students for the workforce or continued study towards a bachelor’s degree. Through study in the arts, humanities, social sciences, mathematics and sciences, students learn to think critically, communicate in multiple mediums, conduct research, solve complex problems, demonstrate ethical reasoning and system thinking, and grow as globally responsible citizens.
Upon completion of the Liberal Arts program, students will be able to:
- Synthesize and apply knowledge from multiple perspectives to evaluate social, ethical, cultural and global issues
- Assimilate a variety of intellectual and practical skills to solve sophisticated problems
- Communicate complex ideas and concepts both orally and in writing across multiple disciplines
- Address real-world problems by exercising mental agility, analytical and creative thinking and interpersonal negotiation
- Develop a foundation sufficient for transfer to a four-year college or university
Liberal Arts is an open enrollment program. This means we accept students once they are accepted to River Valley; no requirements necessary. At RVCC, we believe all students should be able to complete a degree and be able to transfer or start their career as smoothly as possible.
If you have any questions about Liberal Arts, please do not hesitate to request information or reach out to the faculty.