Hello from the RVCC CARES Team! CARES stands for Campus Assessment, Response, and Evaluation. Our team consists of professionals from multiple areas of the College. We meet bi-monthly to evaluate students of concern and connect them with appropriate resources.
The RVCC CARES Team is committed to supporting the well-being, safety, and success of our students through proactive intervention and resource referrals. We strive to promote an inclusive, safe, and welcoming culture at RVCC.
Jennifer Cournoyer (she/her), Chair
Student Success Coach
Eileen Glover (she/her)
Professor & Department Chair, Allied Health
(603) 542-7744 x5422
Jessica Horton (she/her)
Assistant Professor & Program Director, Radiologic Technology
(603) 542-7744 x5501
Cynthia Smith (she/her)
Associate Professor, Nursing
(603) 542-7744 x5309
- Addiction Treatment Program at Dartmouth Health
- NH Alcohol & Drug Treatment Locator
- Better Life Partners – Virtual, easy to access care. Call or text 1-866-679-0831
Community (Food, Housing, Transportation, etc.)
Domestic Violence Resources
- The Trevor Project (crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.) Text “START” to 678678
- Student Assistance Program (use code: CCSNH to login)
- NH988 (Hotline for persons experiencing a mental health or substance abuse crisis) Call or text 1-833-710-6477
People of Color Crisis Text Line
Provides access to trained Crisis Counselors of Color. This resource is a collaboration between the Steve Fund Partnership and the Crisis Text Line.
Text “STEVE” to 741741
Student Assistance Program (SAP)
RVCC provides students with free, confidential services through Kepro. Services include counseling, legal & financial assistance, daily living services, and online tools & information.
Veterans’ Crisis Line
Connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.
Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
RVCC’s CARE Team has been trained to use the NaBITA Risk Rubric. You can learn more about NaBITA here: https://www.nabita.org/about/
When should I submit a referral?
If you are a student worried about a fellow student, or a faculty or staff member worried about a student, please fill out a form. Submissions are reviewed within 1-2 business days, during regular business hours. If your concern is more urgent, or if this is an emergency situation, please dial 911.
Degree programs offered