Types of Tutoring
RVCC offers free tutoring to all students. Our tutoring team includes faculty members, professional tutors, and peer tutors.
- Meet with a tutor for one hour each week either in person or on Zoom
- Choose between short-term (a few weeks) and long-term (an entire semester)
- Meet in Claremont, Keene, and Lebanon (subject to tutor schedules and availability)
- Fill out this form to request a weekly one-on-one session
- Note: Although we try to provide tutoring in most courses and subject areas, tutors may not be available for every class. We will do our best to respond to your request in a timely manner.
- RVCC students can access free online tutoring through Brainfuse.
- The Brainfuse link is loaded into all courses in Canvas.
Student Success Strategies
What services do tutors provide?
Tutors can answer questions, review course material, help you organize your writing and look over papers and assignments. They are available for one-on-one sessions as well as study groups. There are even drop-in options for some classes too!
Some reasons to meet with a tutor…
- You are struggling to understand course material,
- You are struggling to keep up with your courses,
- You would like help preparing for tests and quizzes,
- You need assistance with time management skills, or
- You would like to feel more confident about your course knowledge.
If you have any questions about tutoring, please contact the Charles P. Puksta Library at (603) 542-7744 ext. 5465 or send an email to [email protected].
of our Students Receive Financial Aid
Becoming a Tutor at RVCC
To start the process of becoming a tutor at RVCC, please read the Tutor Job Description thoroughly fill out this Tutor Application, complete all of the required components and then drop it off or email it to [email protected].
Once submitted, your application will be reviews for consideration. If it is determined that your educational background qualifies you to meet the requirements and demands of RVCC’s tutoring demands, you will be contacted directly.
If you have feedback you would like to share about your tutor or tutoring experience, you do so by completing the RVCC Tutor Feedback Form.