RVCC Discovery Search: Search the Library for books, ebooks, articles, and more
The Charles P Puksta Library offers student centered information and research services to support curriculum needs and information literacy instruction. The facility provides a comfortable and welcoming environment conducive to academic inquiry.
The 10,000+ square foot facility features
- A state-of-the-art lactation and parents’ room
- 27 computers including PC’s and MACS
- Black& white/Color printer, scanner & photocopier
- Computer Lab, 3 Study Rooms, Conference Room for quiet individual or group study
- Treadmill desks
- Standing Desks
- Wireless Internet access throughout the library.
Mission of the Library
Charles P. Puksta Library supports the curricular and research needs of River Valley Community College through the provision of information resources, services and instruction.
The library accomplishes its mission by:
- Identifying, acquiring, preserving and providing access to information resources
- Providing instruction on locating, evaluating and using information effectively
- Assisting users when and where needed in the use of library resources
- Communicating library services to raise awareness and increase the usage of library resources and services
- Improving the library’s effectiveness through systematic, ongoing assessment
The Library is guided by the values of:
- Intellectual freedom and an individual’s right to privacy
- Public service that is inclusive and available to all students, staff, faculty and community members
- Excellence in service and efficiency in operations; diversity and equality
- Lifelong learning
- User-centered services and operations.
Librarian partner with faculty to design class sessions and workshops that tie in with the work your students are doing. We can meet in the Library Computer Lab; create a course or subject guide for your students; or explore other ways to include library and information literacy concepts in your class.