Accounting professionals are in high demand and enjoy stable careers working in businesses, government, or non-profit organizations. The Advanced Accounting Certificate is targeted to provide a solid foundation for entry or advancement in the accounting field.
At River Valley’s accounting program, we keep class sizes small to make sure that students receive personalized instruction. Classes and are taught by faculty who are professionals in their field. Many classes are offered online to meet the needs of working professionals.
- Payroll Clerk
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Certificate
- Accounting Degree
The goal of the Advanced Accounting Certificate program is to give students the depth of knowledge necessary to obtain an entry-level position in the accounting field or the enhanced skills needed to seek promotional opportunities with their current employer.
The program will provide students with a strong foundation in accounting and in business computer applications. Students will learn:
- How to analyze financial transactions
- The steps in the accounting cycle
- How to prepare basic financial statements in accordance with G.A.A.P.
- Payroll accounting
- To draft correspondence, documents and reports in Microsoft Word
- To create PowerPoint presentations
- To manage financial data using Excel
- Basic tax return preparation skills
- How to apply accounting concepts to managerial decision-making
Accounting is an open enrollment program. We accept students once they are accepted to River Valley; no other requirements necessary. If you have any questions about Accounting, please request information or contact the accounting faculty.
First Year: Fall Semester
Second Year: Fall Semester
Second Year: Spring Semester
Total Credits: 3
Take any class in ACCT