Accounting professionals are in high demand and enjoy stable careers working in businesses, government, or non-profit organizations. The Accounting Certificate is an abbreviated program designed to provide students with basic accounting and computer knowledge. It is ideal for working students seeking to add to their skill set or as a supplemental program for students enrolled in another course of study.
At River Valley’s accounting program, we keep class sizes small to make sure that students receive personalized instruction. Classes and are taught by faculty who are professionals in their field. Many classes are offered online to meet the needs of working professionals.
Ideal for students seeking promotional opportunities within the business or accounting field.
- Advanced Accounting Certificate
- Accounting Degree
Program GoalsThe goal of the Accounting Certificate program is to give students a basic accounting background.
The program will provide students with a basic foundation in accounting. Students will learn:
- How to analyze financial transactions
- The steps in the accounting cycle
- How to prepare basic financial statements in accordance with G.A.A.P.
- To draft correspondence, documents and reports in Microsoft Word
- To create PowerPoint presentations
- To manage financial data using Excel
Accounting is an open enrollment program. We accept students once they are accepted to River Valley; no other requirements necessary. If you have any questions about Accounting, please request information or contact the accounting faculty.
Total Credits: 3