The Business Management Certificate at River Valley is designed to give you a background in business to build up professional skills and add a boost to your resume. The program offers accounting, marketing, management and computer courses which give you valuable skills in this growing field. This certificate is a pathway to starting a career in business.
The Business Management Certificate at River Valley is built to accommodate all students, by providing both in class and online courses.
- business owner
- Customer service associate or manager
- Retail sales
- Store manager
- Administrative assistant
- Relationship banker
- Sales consultant
- Sales support specialist
- Accounting Certificate
- Business Management
- Healthcare Management
- Advanced Accounting Certificate
The Department of Business Management and Accounting strives to:
- Encourage critical thinking through scholarly research and case analysis,
- Develop effective oral and written communication skills
- Expand awareness of career pathways,
- Engender a deep understanding of the impact of one’s contribution to the workplace.
Graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of business practices including accounting, management, and marketing, and the applications of these topics in the business environment
- Think critically, articulate and explain various business topics, and apply these concepts to solve common business problems.
- Communicate effectively using written, oral, and non-verbal techniques, including the use of technology in the gathering and presentation of information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethics and social responsibility, and how business integrates this into ongoing operations.
Upon completion of the concentration, the students are prepared to pursue many different business careers in a variety of industries including manufacturing, marketing and sales, and service organizations. Graduates can begin careers as management trainees or assistants in a broad array of industries including banking, insurance, manufacturing, and investments. Also, students, have the ability transfer to a bachelor’s degree program on a full or part-time basis.
The Business Management Certificate is an open enrollment program. We accept students once they are accepted to River Valley; no other requirements necessary. At RVCC, we believe all students should be able to complete a degree and be able to transfer or start their career as smoothly as possible.
If you have any questions about the Business Management Certificate, please request information or reach out to the faculty.
First Year: Fall Semester
First Year: Spring Semester
Total Credits: 3
Second Year: Fall Semester
Total Credits: 3
Second Year: Spring Semester