The Associate of Science (ASN) Degree nursing program at River Valley Community College requires 2 years of focused nursing courses and co-requisite/general education courses which may be completed prior to or sequentially concurrent with program enrollment. The ASN Degree nursing program at River Valley Community College is approved by the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON).
Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the graduate will earn an ASN degree and is eligible to apply to the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON) and Pearson VUE Candidate Services for the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Priority application deadline is December 31 of each year for subsequent Fall Semester acceptance; however, students will be accepted on a rolling admission basis until all course slots are full.
To apply, click on the “Admissions” tab above to begin this process.
COVID-19 updates (as of June 7, 2021)
1) Interested students are required to view a mandatory nursing informational session. Nursing informational sessions are now online – please view here: Nursing Informational Session
2) Prospective applicants must take the Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS), and achieve scoring benchmarks in all 4 content areas. At present, due to COVID-19 restrictions, TEAS testing is offered online with remote proctoring required.
- Register for the TEAS test here: TEAS Registration
- Ensure to select “River Valley CC TEAS.” Estimated cost is approximately $120 (not including tax).
- Remote TEAS testers will need to have free Proctorio proctoring software installed on testing computers prior to testing. The Proctorio Quick Start Guide is here: Proctorio Remote Quick Start Guide
- Select a TEAS date – at present, 2021 dates are as follows:
- August: 3, 18, & 31
- September: 15 & 28
- October: 13 & 26
- November: 10 & 24
- December: 8 & 21
If you have further questions, click on the light blue-colored “Request Information” button located on the right side of your screen (if on a computer), or below (if on a mobile device).
RVCC also offers a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program. Details here: RVCC LPN Program Link
Plan Your Courses
Use this editable program map to see what your schedule could look like:
Editable ASN-RN Course Map