The Associate of Science (ASN) Degree nursing program at River Valley Community College requires 2 years of focused nursing courses and co-requisite/general education courses which may be completed prior to or sequentially concurrent with program enrollment. The ASN Degree nursing program at River Valley Community College is approved by the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON).
Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the graduate will earn an ASN degree and is eligible to apply to the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON) and Pearson VUE Candidate Services for the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
Priority application deadline is December 31 of each year for subsequent Fall Semester acceptance; however, students will be accepted on a rolling admission basis until all course slots are full.
To apply, click on the “Admissions” tab above to begin this process.
Program Updates (as of October 11, 2021)
1) Interested students are required to attend or view a mandatory nursing informational session.
Our next nursing informational sessions are as follows:
October 13 @ 5:00 p.m. – Claremont Campus Library Conference Room – Falcon Room – also via Zoom – link: https://ccsnh.zoom.us/j/91224365235?pwd=R2RBNzlnVCswZUNtbXIvSE0rTW5UQT09
November 8 @ 4:00 p.m. – via Zoom – link:
November 22 @ 9:00 a.m. – via Zoom – https://ccsnh.zoom.us/j/4686909584
Additional dates to follow.
If you are unable to attend, you may also view online: Nursing Informational Session
2) Prospective applicants must take the Test of Essential Academic Skill (TEAS), and achieve scoring benchmarks in all 4 content areas. The TEAS test is presently offered online due to COVID-19 restrictions. You must register at least 48 hours prior to your testing date in order to be eligible to take the TEAS.
- Register here: TEAS Registration
- Ensure to select “River Valley CC TEAS.”
- Remote TEAS testers will need to have free Proctorio proctoring software installed on testing computers prior to testing. The Proctorio Quick Start Guide is here: Proctorio Remote Quick Start Guide
- Select a TEAS date – at present, 2021 dates are as follows:
- October: 13 & 26
- November: 10 & 24
- December: 8 & 21
Estimated cost is approximately $120 (not including tax).
If you have further questions, click on the light blue-colored “Request Information” button located on the right side of your screen (if on a computer), or below (if on a mobile device).
RVCC also offers a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program. Details here: RVCC LPN Program Link