River Valley Community College’s Associate in Science in Nursing (ASN-RN) Degree requires 2 years of focused nursing and core liberal arts courses designed to prepare students to graduate with an Associate of Science Degree in Nursing and be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN licensing exam.
We offer several RN pathways:
1) Traditional ASN-RN Program (4 semesters)
2) For existing LPN’s (see “Current LPN’s) header below for more information.
- LPN-RN Bridge Program
- LPN-RN Direct Entry Program
Now accepting applicants may apply for Fall, 2024, program entry. Priority application deadlines are as listed below. Click the “Admissions” tab above to apply.
- ASN-RN Program: December 31, 2023 (Priority Deadline)
- LPN-RN Bridge Program: February 15, 2024
- LPN-RN Direct Entry Program: March 15, 2024
Why Choose RVCC’s Nursing Program?
- Affordable tuition: $21,000 for entire program (in-state)
- Low faculty-to-student ratios
- In-person education with online components
- Approved by the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Clinical placements at both critical access hospitals and Dartmouth Health
- 2 geographic options: Claremont and Keene
- 2 new RN pathways for current LPN’s (see “Current LPN’s” below)
Everything you need to know about RVCC Nursing!
View our online presentation here: Nursing Informational Session.
If you have additional questions, click on the light blue-colored “Request Information” button.
Informational Sessions Via Zoom:
- Monday, December 4th at 5:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13th at 4:00pm
- Tuesday, December 19th at 12:00pm
Please use this link to attend.
Are you an LPN that wants to continue your education? Note our 2 new LPN-RN pathways:
LPN to RN Direct Entry Program:
- For RVCC graduates only who have graduated with LPN certification within 2 years from program entry.
- Two semesters (Fall, Spring)
- Application deadline: March 15 of each calendar year.
- LPN to RN Direct Entry Program link
LPN to RN Bridge Program:
- For LPN’s who have graduated with LPN certification (from RVCC or alternate school) greater than 2 years from program entry.
- 3 semesters (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- Application deadline: Feb 15 of each calendar year.
- LPN to RN Bridge Program link
RVCC also offers a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program. Details here: RVCC LPN Program Link
The clinical portion of the degree program is offered at area health care facilities (“clinical sites”). Clinical sites establish their own requirements for persons entering their facilities for educational purposes. Clinical sites may have established vaccination requirements, including vaccination for COVID-19. As with all clinical program requirements, the clinical site reserves the right to deny participation to any student who does not meet required clinical criteria and do not follow clinical site policies. Individual programs of study do not have the authority to secure clinical experience(s) for students who do not meet eligibility criteria. Students participating in clinicals must adhere to the sites’ requirements. While these are not college requirements, failure to adhere to the clinical site requirements will result in ineligibility to complete the Nursing program.