River Valley Community College’s Associate in Science in Nursing (ASN-RN) Degree requires 2 years of focused education courses, along with co-requisite and general education courses, which may be completed prior to or sequentially with program enrollment.
We offer several pathways toward RN licensure:
1) Traditional ASN-RN Program (4 semesters)
2) For existing LPN’s (see “Current LPN’s) header below for more information.
- LPN-RN Bridge Program
- LPN-RN Direct Entry Program
Program Updates (as of 05/05/22)
Applications are closed for Fall, 2022, ASN and LPN-RN program entry. Interested applicants may apply for Fall, 2023, program entry. Priority application deadlines are as listed below. Click the “Admissions” tab above to apply.
- ASN-RN Program: December 31, 2022
- LPN-RN Bridge Program: February 15, 2023
- LPN-RN Direct Entry Program: March 15, 2023
Why Choose RVCC’s Nursing Program?
- Affordable tuition: $21,000 for entire program (in-state)
- Low faculty-to-student ratios
- In-person education with online components
- Approved by the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Clinical placements at both critical access hospitals and Dartmouth Health
- 2 geographic options: Claremont and Keene
- 2 new RN pathways for current LPN’s (see “Current LPN’s” below)
Get to Know RVCC Nursing!
Our 2022 virtual informational session dates/times are below. Additional dates to follow.
May 26: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
The Zoom hyperlink to access these virtual informational session meeting dates is: https://ccsnh.zoom.us/j/9910150758
Can’t make one of these meetings? View our online presentation here: Nursing Informational Session
If you have additional questions, click on the light blue-colored “Request Information” button.
Are you an LPN that wants to continue your education? Note our 2 new LPN-RN pathways:
LPN to RN Direct Entry Program:
- For RVCC graduates only who have graduated with LPN certification within 2 years from program entry.
- Two semesters (Fall, Spring)
- Application deadline: March 15 of each calendar year.
- LPN to RN Direct Entry Program link
LPN to RN Bridge Program:
- For LPN’s who have graduated with LPN certification (from RVCC or alternate school) greater than 2 years from program entry.
- 3 semesters (Summer, Fall, Spring)
- Application deadline: Feb 15 of each calendar year.
- LPN to RN Bridge Program link
Additional Program Details
Upon satisfactory completion of the program, the graduate will earn an ASN degree and is eligible to apply to the New Hampshire Board of Nursing (NHBON) and Pearson VUE Candidate Services for the National Council Licensing Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
RVCC also offers a Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program. Details here: RVCC LPN Program Link